We are looking for a volunteer to join our committee as ‘Organiser’, who will:
- act as the Group’s post-box, receiving enquiries (phone calls, emails, etc. from prospective clients)
- provide administrative and organisational support including organising the venue and liaising with visitors
- ensure that all visitors names are recorded at each monthly session
- maintain records: of volunteers; of visitors with dementia and their carers; of prospective clients in a waiting list; and other relevant records.
- support the leader in overseeing volunteers and other staff with individual requirements during the time of the session.
- assist with the annual Christmas party, AGM tea and the Strawberry tea.
- abide by the Group’s policies on data protection, information governance and record keeping.
- support the leader and volunteers to evaluate the impact of the service on individuals through formal and informal methods such as encouragement to sign an end of session log book. Informal feedback from the group session might also be recorded and contribute to on-going service development.
The organiser will not be asked to lead a session (unless it is for emergency cover), provide transport or provide personal care.
Our sessions are twice a month on a Tuesday afternoon, one in Uppingham and one in Oakham.
This is an exciting and unique volunteer role, with a chance to work with a fun, friendly and supportive committee and group of volunteers.
To register your interest or for further information about the role, please contact Charles Lawrence on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also looking for a Secretary to join the committee – read more about the Secretary role