*** MANY THANKS TO ALL APPLICANTS – WE HAVE NOW FILLED THIS ROLE ***
We have a number of other volunteer roles available – please get in touch to find out more!
We are looking for a volunteer to join our committee as ‘ Rutland Reminders Administrator’, who will:
- act as the Group’s post-box, receiving enquiries (phone calls, emails, etc. from prospective clients)
- provide administrative and organisational support for Rutland Reminders activities, eg. our AGM, our annual Christmas Party and other gatherings as necessary
- Liaising with the RR Outreach Organisers at our four venues round the county
- maintain records: of volunteers; of visitors with dementia and their carers; of prospective clients in a waiting list; and other relevant records
- support the leader in overseeing volunteers and other staff with individual requirements during the time of the session
- assist with the annual Christmas party and our AGM tea
- abide by the Group’s policies on data protection, information governance and record keeping
- support the leader and volunteers to evaluate the impact of the service on individuals through formal and informal methods such as encouragement to sign an end of session log book. Informal feedback from the group session might also be recorded and contribute to on-going service development.
The RR Administrator will be an important member of our Management Committee:
- Taking minutes at our committee meetings on five Tuesday mornings through the year
- Circulating meeting minutes and agendas to the committee members
- Dealing with correspondence from/to associated organisations
- Managing contact lists for guests and carers, volunteers, sponsors and local organisations (currently in Excel format) and supporting the committee with the circulation of newsletters and other information
- Other general secretarial tasks as required
This volunteer role gives you the opportunity to work with a fun, friendly and supportive committee and group of volunteers serving people with dementia and their Carers throughout Rutland.
Our sessions in 2018 will occur monthly in Oakham; Uppingham; Tixover and Ketton.
To register your interest or for further information about the role, please contact Charles Lawrence on phone 01572 722777 or email email@example.com